Level 1: Certificate In British Sign Language Studies
Private Level 1 Sign Language Courses
Here at DFBS we understand that asking staff to enrol on an accredited sign language course can be time consuming and public courses don’t always provide the language that is most needed by your staff and customers until years of training has been completed.
For example, your staff might not need to chat about holidays and travelling if they are working in a bank so we focus on language, culture and vocabulary that’s important for you, in your industry.
Here’s some the recent industries DFBS has provided with tailored training packages:
- County Councils
- Front-line Ambulance Staff
- Care Homes
- Banks & Building Societies
- Police Forces
- Golf Clubs
Course ContentAt the end of a standard Level 1 qualification, Learners will be able to:
- Understand narrations of simple information presented to them in BSL
- Develop the ability to describe events, issues or matters in BSL, particularly at work, school or college
- Engage in simple conversation with Deaf people, both in social situations and in the workplace or at school/college.
For more details of the standard course content, please check the specification.
Course LengthThe standard Level 1 course runs for roughly one academic year. The course will consist of 66 taught hours, usually 2 hours per week, plus around 24 hours of self-study during the year.
Book a courseIf you’d like to book a Level 1 course to be held at or nearby to your organisation then send us a message via the website or send an email directly to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.